[OM] Re: ( OM) OT question re XP

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM) OT question re XP
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:25:48 -0400
On 4/4/07, Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Same here. I use Firefox for everything EXCEPT Microsoft & my POS
> software updates. All other software (Vuescan, Wordperfect, Adobe,
> Nikon) updates fine via Firefox. I'm not even using Netscape these days.
>
> Jim Couch

Amazing how a multi-billion dollar corporation can continue to sell
products that pretty much everyone agrees are bloated/problematic and
still dominate the market.

I've got to believe that good programmers look at that situation and weep.

They became the de facto standard of the industry by dumb luck and
bumble profitably along because most of us don't have the guts to do
something different.

Kind of a global application of the Peter Principle.

ScottGee1