[OM] Re: Bootlegging

Subject: [OM] Re: Bootlegging
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 07:35:06 +1000
When I was a kid we stayed on Caldy Island, off Pembroke, every year
for a week or two. Wonderful place. It was technically bound by Welsh
licencing laws but the barman in the community centre was also the
'special' constable, the only law on the island (apart from the law
of God - it's owned by a Benedictine monastery) so closing times were
somewhat...flexible. Closing time seemed to be when the last local in
the bar passed out - the barman would then close up and take him home.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx