[OM] Re: E-series quality problems

Subject: [OM] Re: E-series quality problems
From: "Bob Docherty" <lostkase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 22:02:23 -0400
Ali,
 My E-500 control wheel started acting up. This was 3 days before my Olympus
warranty ran out. It would only change to 2 apertures in A mode. The zoom
function only zoomed 2 steps. I called Olympus and they said to send it in.
They had it Thursday morning and notified me it was on its way to me the
following Monday. I was concerned that it hadn't been properly serviced and
gave them another call to see what had been done to it. They had no idea.
The phone person said the repair ticket would explain what had been done.
The repair ticket stated that the eyepiece was missing with no mention of
what HAD been fixed. I had removed the eyepiece before shipping it. It might
have been to their income benefit had they asked if I wanted it replaced. I
called them again giving them the history of my service experience with them
and asked if anyone knew if anything had been done. I was told to try it out
and if it was working it must have been repaired. I then commented that with
this level of service I would no longer be purchasing Olympus products. A
couple of days later I received this Email:

"We value you as an Olympus customer and appreciate the opportunity to
assist you with this situation.
I do apologize that the agent you spoke with regarding your camera's repair
under service order number 7XXXXX was nto mopre helpful. I do show that our
records indicate the top cover was replaced on your Evolt 500, and that this
repair was done under warranty.
I do see that you should have received your camera back to you in full
working order on 3-21-07. Again, I do apologize that the agent you spoke
with was not able to answer your questions. "

 The typos in this note were from Olympus. they were definitely "nto mopre
helpful". I was suitably impressed by their attention to detail...NOT!!!

Bob