[OM] Re: OT CF card usage

Subject: [OM] Re: OT CF card usage
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 02:23:04 -0700
wkato@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi, this is sort of OT but applies to E-300 etc.  When I use a CF card with
> the front panel of the HP Pavilion and finish copying or whatever, I use the
> little green arrow to eject the card, windoze powers it down and I take out
> the card.  But when I insert a new card the card reader doesn't come to life.
> I used to have a cheapie card reader which, whenever I plugged it in, would
> wake up.
And that's how my cheapie works too. Plug it in, it's on, unplug it,
it's off. Push in a card, it's live, pull the card out, it's gone. Same
thing with the Oly MAUSB-300 xD memory adapter.

I don't know what this green arrow is. Is it needed to physically eject
the card? If you can, instead, just pull the card out, does that work
differently? USB storage devices should be hot pluggable. And are on my
machines.

Moose