[OM] Re: E-500 + OM->E + 2xA TC + 300/4.5 => 1200/9 ?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 + OM->E + 2xA TC + 300/4.5 => 1200/9 ?
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 19:37:21 +1000

> Hi Wayne (and others),
>
> > Is an E-300 close enough ?
>
> Sure is. :)
>
> > http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/test/long.htm
>
> Excellent page, tnx!
> It looks like the picture in question (i.e. the one with the
> 2xA + 300/4.5) suffers from some motion blur, but otherwise
> it looks very usable. Is it very tricky to prevent motion
> blur with this combination (and a tripod, of course)?

If possible I'd try to use the most stable tripod you can get.  My Manfrotto
is fine for most stuff but this exercise obviously tested it !
Unfortunately at an effective f16 (2xf8) the shutter speed wasn't high
enough.  Focussing this setup is another problem !  I can't remember for
sure, but from memory these shots were taken on a day with just a light
breeze.  The E-300 was triggered with a remote release.

The images with the Tamron 500/8 mirror are better than the zuiko 300 + 2xA
and I believe that is just a mechanical effect, the Tamrom being much
shorter and lighter will not tend to move as much on the tripod.

...Wayne

...Wayne