[OM] Re: E-500 + OM->E + 2xA TC + 300/4.5 => 1200/9 ?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 + OM->E + 2xA TC + 300/4.5 => 1200/9 ?
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:17:27 +0200
Hi,

> If possible I'd try to use the most stable tripod you can get.  My
Manfrotto
> is fine for most stuff but this exercise obviously tested it !

Hmm, the best one I have is a video tripod, which is a relatively
light-weight tripod, and is by no means a 'tankpod'... Definitely a thing to
keep in mind...

> The images with the Tamron 500/8 mirror are better than the zuiko 300 +
2xA
> and I believe that is just a mechanical effect, the Tamrom being much
> shorter and lighter will not tend to move as much on the tripod.

Yes, I noticed those pics look excellent! With a bit of luck such a lens can
be had for relatively little money.... I wonder how it compares to the 500/8
Zuiko.

I foresee lots of cool combinations to make with the old "50+" lenses on the
E-bodies. :)

Sure wish the same could be said for the wide-angles...:(

Cheers,
Olafo