[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 20:27:42 +1000
Somewhat interested in this one - here each week a truck pulls up
behind fast food joints and empties a pre-heated waste oil and fat
bin - the purveyor of greasy lumps of carbohydrate gets a free bin
and paid for the contents. The material is then exported somewhere to
make high value products like cosmetics (i.e. lipstick) and exotic
lubricants. Too useful to burn.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx