[OM] Re: Peckerwoods

Subject: [OM] Re: Peckerwoods
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:40:39 -0400
Yes, they are impressive. They do real damage to trees - you can't miss
the oblong holes they make. We're lucky to have them come by quite
regularly. I gather they tend to be solitary. However, last Fall, we had
three arrive at the same time. They're also easy to recognize in flight,
as they have an "jerky" wing movement.

Martin

Walt wrote:

I need to get my ass in gear and get the gear out. There's a pair of
piliated woodpeckers in the back yard. These are spectacular birds!
They're noisy, but a lot closer than 500 yards.

http://www.pileatedwoodpeckercentral.com/