[OM] Re: E-series quality problems

Subject: [OM] Re: E-series quality problems
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:32:51 -0700
Bob Docherty wrote:
> I guess I left that detail out :) It does work...I'm just whining...

So let me see if I've got this straight:

1. It failed with three says left on the warranty.

2. They said send it on in on the phone.

3. You sent it off  less than three days before (maybe even after?) the
end of the warranty.

4. They received it on a Thursday and shipped it out on the following
Monday.

5. It is repaired.

6. You are unhappy with this state of affairs.

Ergo, you are nuts. :-)

I would be ecstatic with that kind of service - from any maker. I
thought 10-11 day turnaround on a Canyon warranty repair of a P&S was
good. To complain that they focus their efforts on great repair
turnaround, rather than letting customers waste time that could be used
fixing cameras grilling the techs on what they did seems to me just
wrongheaded. I'd rather my repair went to a place where they hire good
techs than one where the customer calmers write good, smooth english.

Reminds me about those who complained to Lincoln about Grant's drinking.
He asked what brand Grant was drinking, so he could send a case to each
of his other generals.

Moose