[OM] Re: E-series quality problems

Subject: [OM] Re: E-series quality problems
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 00:17:22 -0700
Except that Grant won by using terrorist tactics that were beyond
gentlemanly, he waged a war on the population, not on the armies.

He who wins the wars writes the histories that get taught to the future
generations. Should the North have lost their bid to physically enforce the
southern states to return to the Union of States, and do as the new
industrialized leaders wanted, the history would not have painted Grant so
nice.

Honestly, wars like this (well, any war) should only be written by impartial
observers, but then few will read them as no one side is glorious and all
parts of war then suck.
That's the picture I see, but then again I got to listen to my great uncles
rendition of their recollections of the Civil War, the three youngest were
still alive after the Second WW was over and a genealogist recorded their
recollections for future generations education, my Uncle who has the 78 RPM
records stopped the project as they didn't sound like they were supporting
what he wanted to hear. Yes, they were Yanks, went on in the latter part of
the War as bounty soldiers (My uncle is a Korean War Vet, the only family
member that went into Korea and returned alive, except my Dad who was on a
anti aircraft cruiser off the coast and didn't see any action) but they just
hated the Bankers and industrialists that were running the northern
politicians.

Here I am rambling as I am trying to clean out my inbox.

Scott