[OM] Re: Now for some totally different photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Now for some totally different photography
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 11:44:35 +0100
Andrew Fildes wrote:
>Hawking can afford to cyhange his mind. Aging
> paradigms are often (not always) defended to the death by the
> establishment, beyond all point of reason.
> What you seem to be describing is the way in which scientists 'think'
> that they work. :-)

Hmm, I'm not sure Hawking has changed his mind, though I agree with what
  you say about his being able to afford to do so. People tend to hang
on his every utterance.

Hawking now believes that things can escape from Black Holes; he changed
his mind on that only when jets on a galactic scale were actually seen,
discovered emanating from so-called black holes. So now we have
supergravity *ejecting matter* at close to light speed over distances
measured in millions of light-years. That's quite a feat...

D.

--
Donald MacDonald BA DipLIS

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -