[OM] Re: Bullet proof internal hard drive?

Subject: [OM] Re: Bullet proof internal hard drive?
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:20:31 -0700
I have had two Seagate 250GB failing in the last 3 mo.  That is 100% of the
Seagates I own and I don't plan to buy any more of them.  Almost all my
other HDDs are WD, I guess I have around 10 of them, ranging from 6yo (?)
70GBs to 6mo old 250GB SATAs.  The third brand I have is an IBM Deskstar,
have one 8yo which has been running 24/7 without a problem.

I can't complain about Seagate's service though, they replaced both drives
without a question - but of course gave me refurbished units back.  We will
see how long they last.

Suddenly remembered that I actually have 2 Seagate SCSIs which have been
running 24/7 for about 7 years, but you can't really compare SCSI to IDE in
terms or reliability.