[OM] E-issues (was something else)

Subject: [OM] E-issues (was something else)
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:55:05 -0700 (PDT)
As you know the 1st email that I sent to the PR
Manager was forwarded to a technical support rep. The
support rep in turn sent me an email which I thought
looked like a typical response.

One of the OM list members replied with his personal
experience when trying to get an E-500 repaired.

I wrote back to the support rep and cc'd the PR
Manager stating that all I expected was his canned
reply.

Following is his reply:

"I can assure you that I did not send you a canned
reply, and I removed the standard greeting in this
email so that you don't feel that this is
a canned response as well. Management did read your
email and, in turn, I was assigned to respond to your
inquiry.

Please have your friend contact us so that we may
assist with their problem.

In the example that you provide, the first agent did
not provide the information requested, but was quickly
rectified by the response from the
second agent. This incident did not affect the
customer from getting his camera repaired under
warranty.

It is also not fair to compare the quality of the
E-500 DSLR vs. the OM SLR's based on this experience.
These two completely different devices,
requiring different levels of maintenance, care and
operating conditions, as clearly described in the user
manual (mainly under the "general
precautions" section). The type of damage described in
this email is usually caused by moisture from rain,
something that generally would not be covered as a
warranty repair by other manufacturers."

BTW I didnt tell the name of the OM List member..just
quoted portions of the original message.

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html