[OM] Re: OT: Rehashing the American Civil War (was "E-series quality pro

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Rehashing the American Civil War (was "E-series quality problems")
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 22:55:08 +0000
His tactics are still studied by today's military, as are those of ol' Bobby
Lee. Both were military tacticians of a higher order. Longstreet and Stuart
weren't bad either. If we hadn't been outnumbered two to one...never mind.

One reason I'm a Civil War nut is that I appreciate the fact these men were all
gentlemen and honorable, despite working like hell to kill one another for a
while. Three of Longstreet's children died from some disease I don't recall,
and don't feel like looking up, while he was at war. It's amazing how quickly
the two sides of the war made up when it ended, despite four years of carnage
and destruction. When Grant became president, he made Longstreet his minister
to Turkey. I don't think there was a "Hitler" in the bunch.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --