[OM] Re: OT: Rehashing the American Civil War (was "E-series quality pro

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Rehashing the American Civil War (was "E-series quality problems")
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 23:51:52 +0000
Gettysburg was a total screw-up, which wouldn't have happened if Confederate
Gen. A.P. Hill hadn't dispatched a platoon into the town looking for shoes,
since some of his soldiers had none. They ran into Union calvary and it all got
started there. Lee, of course, rushing in from miles away, made the worst
decision of his entire career by ordering Picket's charge, which resulted in
about the worst carnage of the war, except maybe Antietam for the South and
Cold Harbor for the Yanks.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from