[OM] Re: OT: Rehashing the American Civil War (was "E-series quality pro

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Rehashing the American Civil War (was "E-series quality problems")
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 20:46:38 -0500
Thanks for sharing, Bob.  I knew nothing of this.

As for feeling anguish, I feel anguish for Patroclus, Hector, and Achilles.

When I discovered that I had three greatx6 uncles who fought in the
War of Independence and two of them died in 1777, I had a pretty good
notion of how they died, mostly likely on a British bayonet, perhaps
on the same day.  I wept for them like it was yesterday.  The third
served eight years and perhaps ended his service at Yorktown and died
an old man.  I should be glad one of them at least saw victory, but
I'm really just glad he had a life.

Joel W.