[OM] Re: OT The Civil War (Was: E-series quality problems)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT The Civil War (Was: E-series quality problems)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 16:41:19 +1200
Andrew wrote

> Saw a rear window sticker that might suit you the other day -

The langwidge polites are out again. I never thought I'd see this from him !!

Why would it suit him the other day, and only the other day, and not now?

Is this a split infinitive or a split something else? ( seriously, I want to
know;
news writers for our National radio station script this kind of stuff all the
time
and I'm constantly having them on about it). Talk about slack editing!

Those of you who know style might be able to help !
Curmudgeons, reformed or otherwise, included.

Brian