[OM] (somewhat OT) Minolta scanner film carriers

Subject: [OM] (somewhat OT) Minolta scanner film carriers
From: Philip Pemberton <oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 20:55:17 +0100
Hi,
   I do realise this is off-topic for the OM list, but IIRC a few folks here
have Minolta film scanners, so I figured it was at least worth a try...

   I've just been given a Minolta Scan Elite 5400 Mk1 - the catch being that
it didn't come with any software, manuals, the power supply, stand, USB cable,
reset tool or the film carriers. All I've got is the base unit.

   By plugging it in using the PSU and USB cable from my Scan Dual IV, I've
managed to figure out that it works well enough to at least pass the startup
checks. The problem is, it's not much use without (as a bare minimum) the film
carriers. Catch is, nobody (and I mean NOBODY) around here seems to have any
left.

   So... Does anyone here have a spare slide and/or negative film adapter for
a Scan Elite 5400? These are Minolta part number FH-M10 and SH-M10. At this
point, I don't really want to spend a lot of money fixing it up only to find
that it's got some fault that makes it useless.

   I'm also interested in the other bits - reset tool, stand and instruction
booklet. Though I'm not as interested in getting these as I am in getting a
set of film/slide holders for it...

Thanks.
--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain