[OM] quick Tokyo report

Subject: [OM] quick Tokyo report
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 21:09:41 +0300 (EEST)
I just got back from a trip to Japan, here's some OM-related observations
I made in Tokyo:

1. The coin that best fits the battery cap on OM-s is 500 yen (I'd have
guessed they'd pick a cheaper coin to open stuff)

2. SR44 batteries are easily available.

3. The big camera store I went to, Bic Camera, had a good selection of
35mm (and 120) film. Kodak, Ilford and Fuji were all well represented.
What surprised me is that they also stocked smaller brands (Forte, Foma).
All in fridge and cheaper than I'm buying it at home.

4. I had read previously that used camera stores in Tokyo were extremely
expensive and museum-like. In addition, shops were supposed to be
automatically more expensive if they're located in certain elite
districts. Neither seems to be true. For example, I saw a decent-looking
OM-4 in a store window I just randomly walked by for 34000 yen, which
should be $300 or so. Olympus Pen cameras were $60-150, I think. Looks
pretty affordable to me.

priit.