[OM] Re: Oh s#@t

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh s#@t
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 10:30:59 EDT
In a message dated 4/9/2007 8:53:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

After  replacing the batteries, does it still lockup?  Are there any
visible  dents?  Does the front mount still appear to be parallel to the
film  plane?

I think so and it is on its way to you. Should be there in the next few  days.

I'm currently re-assembling a 4T for someone who had squirted  oil into
the camera when it locked up.

If I'd done that I'd probably be too embarrassed to admit it and would  blame
it on one on my students.  Oh, it really was one of them who dropped  the OM
4. Really!

Was it WD 40? Does that ever work?  Probably only at creating work for  you.

Bill Barber