[OM] Re: On Fred Miranda..

Subject: [OM] Re: On Fred Miranda..
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:28:09 -0400
Seems like he's now got both a 35-80/2.8 and a 24mm shift for sale on
Eb*y. However, they're only for sale to US buyers...... Of course, that
doesn't really matter because I couldn't afford them even if he would
sell to Canadians....

I was a newish member when Mike Hatam came calling. AG was probably a
bit harsh. After all, those list members that sold lenses to him, did so
  because others on list were probably not able/willing etc to buy them
at the prices he was willing to pay. Not really any different than a
list member putting items on Eb*y. I've seen some nice glass offered to
list members first, but with no (obvious)takers, and which have then
gone on Eb*y.

I will agree that his trawling activities did push up prices for a
number of lenses. I remember reading something he wrote that he had a
dozen 21/3.5 lenses......  Luckily, I bought mine while prices were more
reasonable.

Martin