[OM] Re: On Fred Miranda..

Subject: [OM] Re: On Fred Miranda..
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
Martin wrote:
> I was a newish member when Mike Hatam came calling. AG was probably
> a bit harsh.

Maybe.  If I was harsh, maybe it was my passion coming through.

> Not really any different than a
> list member putting items on Eb*y. I've seen some nice glass
> offered to list members first, but with no (obvious)takers, and
> which have then gone on Eb*y.

There are several lenses which tend to always find immediate buyers
here:  350/2.8, 250/2 and the 24/shift.  Those things are rarer than
content Canon owners.  As a general rule, people who have these
lenses keep these lenses and don't even think about selling them.
Along came Mike, waving blank checks around, enticing people to part
with their prized lenses without even considering the fact that some
of us would have wanted them if they came available.

A fellow New France resident has a 24/shift. Although I'm not
currently in the market for one, I know that if he should get a
stupid hair, I might be able to buy it off of him. (it might take me
a little while to scare up the dosh, though).

AG

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.