[OM] Re: RAW Bit Depth

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW Bit Depth
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:53:47 -0700
One of the things that Photoshop introduced, as I understand it, is
selective JPEG compression. Only the pixels that get changed by a
photo manipulation get a new jpeg compression. The pixels not changed
by manipulation are not recompressed anew. So opening and and doing a
jpeg save repeatedly in PS does nothing unless you change the
compression parameters or change the file.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA