[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:17:59 +1000
And that was one of the points as I remember - US agriculture is
notoriously fuel hungry even by our standards way down here so using
grain, pulses or whatever other crops for biofuel is often a negative
equation, unless you're using the wastes - and many of those would be
used more efficiently as sileage as well rather than feeding grain to
beasts.
And I was just thinking, the other day driving in was once a rural
area that it always seems to be the prime land that disappears under
suburban sprawl - as I noted the disappearance of yet another market
garden area.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx