[OM] Re: Free to good home/homes

Subject: [OM] Re: Free to good home/homes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:52:13 -0400

ScottGee1 wrote:
> On 4/10/07, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> SNIP!
>> I took the chance
>> and getting rid of the fungus turned out to be no more difficult than
>> removing the front element and applying a spot of cold cream to its
>> behind.
>
> Whoa!  Stop the presses!
>
> Cold cream removes fungus???

Absolutely.  That and nose oil (skin oil from the tip of your nose where
you have lots of oil glands.  Skin oil apparently has anti-fungal
properties).  Both taught to me by none other than our resident
repairman, John Hermanson.

> Is that a folk remedy?

I don't know about the cold cream but the nose oil was the Oly factory
recommended method JH learned in Oly repair school.  I think his
recommendation for cold cream was "Pond's" brand but my wife didn't have
any.  I just used whatever brand was in her vanity drawer.  Worked fine.
  Just put a bit on your finger tip, rub it in lightly, wipe the cold
cream off with a tissue and then clean off any residue with a bit of
rubbing alcohol.  The "repair" has lasted for at least 5 years with no
signs of damage or fungal return.

Chuck Norcutt