[OM] Re: ( OM) OT Momentary or momentarily

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM) OT Momentary or momentarily
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:11:45 +0000
My Merrimam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary defines it as:

"To make use of, to turn to practical use or account."

And my Funk and Wagnalls defines it pretty much the same way:

"To make useful; turn to practical account; make use of."

I hung a new clock on the wall over the fireplace yesterday by driving a nail
into the wall. So, did I "use" or "utilize" a hammer? I prefer "use," but I
don't think "utilize" would be wrong.

Walt, practicing pedantry again

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from