[OM] Re: dpreview, NR and the TZ-3 [was OT Panasonic DMC-TZ3 review at d

Subject: [OM] Re: dpreview, NR and the TZ-3 [was OT Panasonic DMC-TZ3 review at dpreview]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:01:09 +1000
I got the specs on some new Samsung NV units today. If you don't know
them, they have a really nice body design with Schneider lenses but
the the really neat thing is the user interface with a sort of button
grid around the screen. Works really well.
Anywho - I noted that the sensor for the NV7 with the 38-270mm
equivalent zoom is a 1/2.5"and 7mp.
The sensor for the NV10 with 35-105mm equivalent is a 1/1.8"  The
NV11 has a 38-190mm lens on a 1/1.8" chip but that's the premium model.
All are F2.8.
So it seems to hold - it's hard or expensive or big to do superzoom
on a bigger chip.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx