[OM] Re: Favorite A-S plates, L-brackets for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite A-S plates, L-brackets for OM
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:10:26 -0700
Mike,

I have been real happy with everything I have purchased from RRS. In
particular the MC-1 L bracket works great on OMs! Fits very well on both
my OM-4t and my OM-1. Very clean design, I much prefer it to the Kirk
job or other's that connect to a plate mounted on the camera body. The
later system strikes my as a bit of a 'kludge' and is usually heavier
and bulkier.

I always preferred the MPR-73 on the Auto tube and the 300 as it gave a
little bit of fore/aft adjustment. The one advantage to the B9 is you
don't have to switch the tripod clamp orientation when changing from the
L-plate to a large tele or the auto tube.

I have always gotten good service from RRS myself.

This in not to say that there is anything wrong with the Kirk products.
I have a Kirk ballhead which I really like. I have just found that in
general the RRS stuff is a bit more elegant and appears to be a bit
better thought out than the Kirk equivalents.

Jim Couch