[OM] Re: Favorite A-S plates, L-brackets for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite A-S plates, L-brackets for OM
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:51:04 -0700
> From: usher99@xxxxxxx
>
> My current Velbon and QR plates really no longer can do the job...
>
>  The RRS body plate for OM looked nice and custom made...
>
>  Any comments on any of the above much appreciated.

Is your mind made up on the RRS/Kirk/Arca system? They sure are
pricey, and IMHO, of limited versatility.

I'm real fond of the Bogen/Manfrotto 3270 system, as used on the 310
mini gear head. They'll handle just about anything -- I have them on
my 4"x5" gear, and even put one on the bottom of a Kodak slide
projector! They're cheap enough that you can use them anywhere -- I
put them on patio speakers in Veggie Van Gogh, so I can pop them off
and put them on tripods outside. The stock plates are a bit on the
large size, but if you have access to a table saw and some scrap
aluminum, you can make your own camera plates pretty easily.

But on the other hand, if you treat your OM system like jewelry, the
RRS/Arca system sure complements it well, but at a price.

:::: Fear is the mind-killer, it is the little-death that leads to
total obliteration. I must face my fear and let it pass over me. I
must not fear! -- Paul Muad'Dib ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::