[OM] Re: The Shock of Influence

Subject: [OM] Re: The Shock of Influence
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:07:18 -0400
Hmmm.  Must have been more than a few years back, Sandy.  I just checked
the CR ratings on Corvettes in the category "Paint/Trim/Rust" and, as
one would expect, it shows an excellent or very good rating for the past
9 years which is the entire on-line history.  Only two years show less
than excellent but, of course, the rating considers paint and trim as
well as rust.  There is no rust only category.  Now, body integrity,
that is another story.  It varies from good to poor.

I'm not sure if you can access this link or not but here's the data
<http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/models/chevrolet/corvette/used-model-overview-116.htm>

I think you've been depending on urban legend rather than real data.
I've been a CR subscriber for close to 40 years.  They're far from
perfect but there's nothing else that even comes close for product
function and reliability data.

Chuck Norcutt