[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels now circuit city now NCR

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels now circuit city now NCR
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:13:55 -0700
John Hermanson said;
> Circuit City fired 3,400 employees because they were there too long
> and
> made too much money.  They could re-apply for their jobs in 10 weeks
at
> greatly reduced pay.  Talk about anti-worker, I'll never pass through
> their doors again.

My best friend worked for NCR for 32 years.  Was told he was being
transferred to a subdivision offshoot company.  Would be doing virtually
the same work.  For half the pay.
He negotiated an early retirement at the threat of legal action.  Drives
a dump truck now.  Far less stressful, although the money isn't quite as
good.

It's endemic to business these days.  No value placed on seniority,
longevity, experience etc.  It's all about the lowest cost resource.

'Any pigeon can be trained to peck the right keys'.

JT

immediately.