[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:02:24 -0500
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:30:37 -0700, Jan Steinman wrote:

>> From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:17:59 +1000, Andrew Fildes wrote:
>>
>>> US agriculture is
>>> notoriously fuel hungry even by our standards way down here...
>>
>> You couldn't be further from the truth. Not only have we reduced on
>> farm diesel use dramatically

>But pesticide/herbicide use (both petroleum products) and fertilizer
>use (made from natural gas) are steady or increasing.

Cite? You'd have a VERY difficult time showing that growing no til
roundup-ready cotton in 2007 uses more diesel, more chemicals, or more
dangerous chemicals than we used with conventional
varieties 20 years ago.

Remember, we have the strongest possible incentive to reduce both fuel and
insecticide use: We pay for our own diesel and chemicals!

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company