[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:37:50 -0700
> From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:27:52 -0700, Jan Steinman wrote:
>

>>> In other words, world grain production is NOT in decline, but is in
>>> fact increasing. But not as fast as demand, thus a "relative"
>>> decline exists.
>
> Please. You're equating a short term response to market forces to a
> long term change in production capacity.

So you disagree with the "six out of the past seven years" part in
the references I supplied? That's how long the reserves have been
falling, and that production has lagged demand. Sounds "long term" to
me!

Of course, if your definition of "long term" is the run-up over the
past half-century, while fossil energy was incredibly cheap, then
we'll just have to agree to disagree.

:::: The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.
-- George W. Bush ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::