[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Stephen Walker <stephenpwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:32:59 -0700 (PDT)
I pretty much agree with Barry, but just to add my two cents as someone
reasonably well connected to agriculture including ethanol production:
Everyone should remember that ethanol production requires low grain prices to
be anywhere near economically competitive to petroleum.

Right now the Gov't is pushing ethanol production but someday they will realize
that we can plant the whole country in corn and still not produce enough
ethanol to wean us from oil.

-Steve