[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:07:49 -0500
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:05:35 -0700, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>I am sorry, but I was pointing out that what you said about no one
>going hungry because of corn prices was inaccurate. I gave you an
>example.

You didn't give me any reason to think those people are going hungry due to
corn prices.

>You deny that what you said was inaccurate and then say that
>the the peasants themselves or the Mexican government should solve
>their hunger problem which you said does not exist.

I never said poverty doesn't exist. I said no one is going hungry due to $4
corn.

> Then you accuse
>me of US farmer bashing

I said it is fashionable to bash US farmers and US farm policy. I didn't say
anything about you.

>and then give a warning. Have you lost the
>ability to reason?

No I haven't, but I'd question the reasonableness of an argument that suggests
Mexican poverty has more to do with US grain prices than it does with the
Mexican government.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company