[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:05:15 -0600
Barry,

Most of those things are paid for with local and state taxes here in New
Mexico. Same goes for my original home in Indiana. Keep in mind also that
Europeans have roads, militaries, police, safe water & food, libraries,
utilities, etc AND they have decent healthcare and retirement for ALL
citizens, not just the rich and the lucky ones in the middle class whos
employers still give heath coverage. I stand by my original statement that
federal income taxes are quite high and bring no/little benefit to most
people here.

I do get a lot of benefit from my state & local taxes, though I wonder why
most roads in Santa Fe County are DIRT when in Indiana we had all paved
roads in most of the state, but New Mexico is a poor state compared to
Indiana.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design