[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:05:02 -0600
They do, but federal funding is a tiny percent of the income for most
states, and that's even more true for city government, which is almost
entirely funded by local taxes. Both Santa Fe and my hometown of Fort Wayne,
Indiana get virtually all of their income from property taxes. Both towns
have a local income tax too. In Fort Wayne it's 1.5%. Property taxes are not
high in Fort Wayne either, yet the city gives citizens a LOT more than the
federal government does while spending a heck of a lot less of our money. I
gave figures for Ft. Wayne because I haven't lived in santa fe long enough
to know much about the city's tax and spending. I lived 30 years in Ft.
Wayne, and I was born there.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design