[OM] Re: Olympus 50mm f1.2 or 55mm f1.2 lenses bokeh?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus 50mm f1.2 or 55mm f1.2 lenses bokeh?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:12:14 -0700
Hi Chris,

yaBe olympususa is NOT Olympus America. Olympus America does sell
things on yaBe using the ID olympusauctions. The olympususa ID and
pentaxamerica ID are owned by Alex. He buys a lot of OM equipment
using the pentaxamerica ID and sells it using the olympususa ID. At
one time the gear seemed to go through a remarkable rejuvenation
process before being resold.

I don't have personal experience with the bokeh of the 1.2 lenses but
I believe a few years back their were a number of posts where the
users weren't especially happy with the bokeh. I think the Canon(?) or
Leica(?) 50mm f1.0 was also pointed out as having less desirable
bokeh.

Your phot looks like it was taken at f5.6? Have you made an effort to
shoot more open?

Most people like the bokeh of the 90mm macros (almost any brand).

Good luck,
-jeff