[OM] Re: [OT] US taxes, was: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] US taxes, was: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:33:30 -0400
Reread my numbers and check the tax tables on the IRS links I sent.
You'll see that you really do have to have a *taxable* income of 340,000
to pay an average rate of 28%.  That sort of income is not middle class.
  A taxable income that high would place you at about the 95th
percentile amongst US taxpayers.

Chuck Norcutt