[OM] Re: [OT] US taxes, was: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] US taxes, was: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:06:12 -0400
Subsidy?  Why it's a God given right!  :-)

ps:  I don't know if you actually read those tax tables but if Chris is
actually paying 28% on all his taxable earnings he's not nearly so poor
as he lets on.  If you're a "head of household" the 28% rate doesn't
start until you get past USD 110,100.  You would need a taxable income
(after deductions) of USD 340,000 to pay an overall income tax rate of
28%.  Should be enough to buy a new car and even a 40/2  :-)

Chuck Norcutt