[OM] Re: Battery question

Subject: [OM] Re: Battery question
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:50:49 +0200
On 4/12/07, Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wish the Olys had a switch, like the Leica does at one position on the
> shutter speed dial that turns off the electronics so there's no battery
> drain.

 Yours doesn't?  Mine has - but it's a little unusual...
There's a circular switch on the baseplate.  You slip in a coin and rotate
it 90degrees anti-clockwise.  A few shiny metal bits fall into your hand -
these are the cleverly-thought-out reminder tokens.  You put them in your
pocket or camera bag to remind you that the camera is turned off.  When you
want to turn the camera on again, you can store these reminder tokens back
in the receptacle on the base, and rotate the big one 90 degrees
clockwise to safely close the little locker.
Brilliant!
Jez