[OM] Re: Favorite A-S plates, L-brackets for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite A-S plates, L-brackets for OM
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:44:36 -0700
I've posted a photo of the RRS multi-camera L-plate at
http://www.olympus-photography.com/RRS-L-bottom-small.jpg

The top of the L-plate is almost even with the ISO dial. The front of
the L-plate is perhaps 1/4" wider than the body of the OM. It is well
back from the lens flange. Compared to the form fitting L-bracket I
have for the 5D, it has a more "industrial" appearance with its
squared off shape vs. the form fitting shape of the 5D bracket. It is
a close fit on the Mamiya 7 II. I'm quite happy with it.

One of the potentially nice things about the B9 plate is that it is
square. It will fit in a clamp with either orientation. I have mostly
used other plates and haven't personally taken advantage of that
feature.

I keep thinking about getting one of the MPR192 rails, mounting a
small ball head at the end of it, and using it as a short boom for
macro photography.

-jeff