[OM] Re: [photo] flood

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] flood
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:40:18 -0400
On Mon April 16 2007 12:30 pm, Manuel Viet wrote:
> Le lundi 16 Avril 2007 17:58, Richard Lovison a écrit :
> > Captured these two images out of our home windows 20 minutes ago.  The
> > first one is looking at part of our backyard and the second toward our
> > neighbor's property.  The stream is swollen to at least three times its
> > normal width.  I'm not worrying yet as the rain is starting to let up
> > though if one of the beaver dams up stream breaks again...
>
> Where do you live ? Your pictures look surrealistic here (Paris, France).
> We've got the warmest spring since 1949 I heard, with thermometers showing
> a good 27°C (80.6°F), and a completely blue sky void of any cloud.

I live between Richard and Ali in central NY (east of Syracuse). That pictue
wouldn't be that unusual for many place in upstate NY. It was really spotty
with how hard you got it. we had a little snow that turned to rain that
turned to very wet snow. Driving was really tough. Flooding doesn't seem too
bad. I judge I use is has DOT closed rt 298 through the Cicero swamp. If they
haven't it's not to bad. This road floods so often that they have erected
permanent signs that they can open.

I did pity the female mallard that was swimming in the slush in the ditch/pond
along side our road. Maybe I go out a take some pictures.