[OM] Re: Bogen 3232 - RRS add-on?

Subject: [OM] Re: Bogen 3232 - RRS add-on?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:25:03 -0700
If you use a tripod having an Arca Swiss style quick release it is
very easy to use your gear with your monopod. If you don't have or use
a tripod with an Arca Swiss style quick release, then the Bogen quick
release would work almost as well and be a lot cheaper. The one
advantage the RRS quick release has is the L-plate. If you attach an
L-plate to your camera you can easily change between landscape and
portrait format by popping the camera out of the quick release then
putting it back with the desired orientation.

Unless you use some very long lenses the Bogen quick release will
probably work fine. I didn't notice problems with the Bogen until I
started using my Tamron 400/4 and some of the longer catadioptric
lenses.

-jeff