[OM] Re: Quantum T series flashes - anyone with experience?

Subject: [OM] Re: Quantum T series flashes - anyone with experience?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:06:08 -0500
> I am looking at purchasing a Quantum T series flash, most likely the T2,
> and
> I was hoping someone on the list has experience with the flash system, and
> could possibly offer any advise.  I will likely be using it on a light
> stand
> as a single light source for portraiture.

James,

I've never used mine on a stand, so take this for what it's worth.

I have had a T2 for five or six years now. I think it's great. I did have to
replace the lead battery in the Turbo unit, but as I got the system used
from KEH, and I got several years of good use out of the old one, I can't
complain. Other than the time when the battery was failing, I never lost a
shot.

I use it routinely with my Hasselblads and film, and I have now used it with
my wife's D70s and my Sony R1. Althought it supposedly has a low synch
voltage, I got a cord with a limited built in just to be sure. I have used
it with the standard reflector with and without the diffusers, with a Norman
(it's the cheapest of several similar products) softbox, and with the bare
bulb, with and without the enhancer. Based on this, I would use nothing
else.

Bill Pearce