[OM] Re: Quantum T series flashes - anyone with experience?

Subject: [OM] Re: Quantum T series flashes - anyone with experience?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:24:51 -0400
On 4/19/07, Bill Pearce <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've never used mine on a stand, so take this for what it's worth.
>
> I have had a T2 for five or six years now. I think it's great. I did have to
> replace the lead battery in the Turbo unit, but as I got the system used
> from KEH, and I got several years of good use out of the old one, I can't
> complain. Other than the time when the battery was failing, I never lost a
> shot.
SNIP!

If you're at all handy, there are a number of Web based sources that
sell the cells and instructions so you can replace them yourself.

I had mine done at the local battery specialty shop for a very
reasonable price.  Handy I'm not.

Quantum charges more, but they will also upgrade the circuit board of
the pack if an upgrade is available.  If not, you're just paying more
for cell replacement.

ScottGee1