[OM] Re: Q for Dr. Flash et al

Subject: [OM] Re: Q for Dr. Flash et al
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:44:49 -0400
"I've used a 285HV but never owned one.  I have an OM-1 era Vivitar 283

with all the trimmings but its trigger voltage is above the safe comfort

level for the 5D which is only good to 250 volts.  But the A1 will take

400. "

Have seen these things mentioned as well as a home made job with schematics on
Pnet. Apparently

some flavors of the 283's are OK and have a lower T Voltage, though I don't
remember the details and I know mine is not.

I have the variable power controller too, though no functional meter as of yet.

Perhaps one more of too many doodads to locate when needed.

Mike

http://www.weinproducts.com/safesyncs.htm

AOL at AOL.com.