[OM] Re: Bogen 3232 - RRS add-on?

Subject: [OM] Re: Bogen 3232 - RRS add-on?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:52:12 -0700
The swivel head can be either used to flop orientation or to point the
camera up high / down low. Probably most people use it to flop format
orientation and lean the monopod to point up/down. The L-plate keeps
the weight centered over the monopod. I much prefer tripods so others
who actually use a monopod regularly probably know better how to use
them.

I doubt anyone would buy an Arca-Swiss style clamp for a monopod
unless they already had a tripod that used it. The building block
nature of the RRS gear can provide some advantages but normally the
whole point of a monopod is to keep it simple rather than carry an
erector set.

-jeff