[OM] More Power!

Subject: [OM] More Power!
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:10:40 -0400
Ah, an eventful week, to say the least. Flew out of Portland April 12
just ahead of a nice storm. Got hung in the air over Philly for a
while, but eventually made it to Augusta, GA, for some family
business. After that, went to North Carolina just in time to get the
leading edge of the infamous North Easter that now has gone down as
one of the biggest whoppers ever. Couldn't fly out of Charlotte this
past Sunday, so went to Hendersonville to see family, and got
walloped by the backside of the storm. 70+ mph winds, people getting
killed by flying limbs, that sort of thing.

Managed to fly back to Maine on Wednesday, to find our house without
power. It just came back on a few hours ago. There are areas of
Lincoln County that look kinda like those fuzzy old pictures of World
War I battlefields, with just heaps of dirt and stumps of trees
littering the landscape.

Of course in typical tourist mode, I was traveling sans camera, and
now that I'm back I've got so much to do before various shops and
galleries open at the end of next week that I don't really have time
to get out and shoot.

Sigh.

At least now we have power, and I can read the list. There were more
than 500 entries between the 13th and the 20th. Now, did my server
chew up some of the mails, or has the list been a wee bit taciturn
lately? I was expecting thousands of e-mails, not hundreds, 'cause I
had to bolt out of here so fast late on the 12th I neglected to turn
off the list for the duration.

BTW, Graham, that color pic of tree with ruts passing under was
smashing!

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com