[OM] Re: Hoya Pro1 DMC question

Subject: [OM] Re: Hoya Pro1 DMC question
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:18:47 -0500
> Is the Hoya Pro1 DMC the thinnest (3mm) filter
> available? Will it work OK with a wide angle (10-20mm
> type) lens?

A quick look at THK and B&H websites didn't give me this model, but the
questions to ask are:

Is this for a digital with a reduced frame size?
Does this filter have front threads?

The thinnest filters have no front thread. If you really need a filter,
that's great, but otherwise, you may gain more from a shade that, if
threaded, can't be attached, than from the filter.

If you have a digital with less than full frame, and a lens that covers 35,
then you have some wiggle room.

Understand, though, that you have opened the door to the ongoing filter/no
filter debate.

Bill Pearce